Doctor of Education - Educational Leadership and Administration - 2009–2012
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Doctoral Dissertation: “The Impact of the Institutional Financial Aid Process on Students of Color”
Master of Arts, Education - Leadership and Administration - 2005–2007
Chapman University, Orange, CA
Master’s Thesis: “Governing in Decline”
Bachelor of Arts, History and Political Science - 2002–2005
Chapman University, Orange, CA
Graduated Cum Laude and University Honors
California College of the Arts, San Francisco, CA May 2010-Present
Vice President of Enrollment Management, July 2017-Present
• Lead the enrollment management division of undergraduate and graduate admissions, financial aid and student records that enrolls over 400 new undergraduate, 220 new graduate and retains 1400 students for a total enrollment of 2,000 students annually.
Associate Vice President of Enrollment, October 2015-July 2017
• Lead both the campus-wide financial aid and undergraduate admissions offices.
Director of Financial Aid, January 2012-September 2015
• Lead the financial aid office of eight professional staff, overseeing a 21 million dollar institutional financial aid budget.
• Lead the office to provide financial aid to over 1700 students (1300 undergraduate and 400 graduate) annually.
• Oversight of all federal, state and institutional financial aid operations and delivery.
• Leadership team for the college’s enrollment management goals--setting strategic and operational goals to successfully meet short- and long-term enrollment, revenue, retention and financial aid targets aligned with the mission and values of the college.
Associate Director of Financial Aid, May 2010-January 2012
• Supervise, hire and train four full-time professional staff, including two senior financial aid counselors, a financial aid counselor and an administrative assistant.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the main financial aid office in San Francisco. Oversee the Return of Title IV fund process.
• Implemented policy review of the financial aid office and control procedures for internal audit processes.
• Package, revise, verify and counsel undergraduate and graduate perspective and continuing students on all matters of financial aid.
• Evaluate policy and packaging for alignment with organizational goals and decision making using both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Stanford University, Graduate School of Business, Stanford, CA July 2008-May 2010
Financial Aid Advisor
• Handle financial aid advisement for Graduate Business School students.
• Awarded students using both Federal Methodology and Institutional Methodology. Handled verification and revisions.
• Handled PeopleSoft system updates and enhancements in coordination with application support and central financial aid office.
• Worked to streamline processes to enhance awarding and financial aid delivery. Coordinated audit review process.
Chapman University, Orange, CA October 2005-July 2008
Financial Aid Counselor, December 2007-July 2008
• Handle financial aid applications, awarding, revisions, policy development, new program deployment and special projects as assigned by the director and associate director of financial aid.
• Cal Grant awarding, verification, and reconciliation. Oversaw electronic development and ongoing needs of the Financial Aid Office in coordination internally with FA and Imaging system and external entities.
• Analyzed and developed TEACH Grant program for inclusion in the awarding system.
• Work intricately with academic units and enrollment management division of the University to deploy and meet enrollment goals.
Loan Services Specialist, March 2007-December 2007
• Handled electronic systems for the 90 million dollar federal loan programs for the Chapman University Financial Aid Office.
• Ensuring federal and institutional regulation standards as well as audit and technical compliance.
• Oversaw loan transaction requirements, including CommonLine updates and compliance (CommonLine 4 and CRC).
• Implementing changes and updates to Datatel and ImageNow Systems.
Financial Aid Specialist, October 2005-March 2007
• Handle financial aid applications for Chapman University College Students, including need analysis, awarding, revisions, return of federal funds information, and verifications.
California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - 2008-Present
Past President - 2017
President - 2016
President-elect - 2015
Vice President, Federal Issues and Federal Issue Committee Chair - 2014
Federal Issues Committee Member - 2010-2011, 2012-2013
Training Committee Member - 2011-2012
National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - 2005-Present
Thought Force on Aligning State, Regional and National Associations - 2016-Present
Federal Policy Rapid Response Task Force - 2015-Present
One Grant, One Loan Task Force - 2015-2016
Conference Mentor Task Force Steering Committee - 2015
Web Redevelopment Task Force Member - 2014-Present
Training Webinar Panelist on Untaxed Income - October, 2014
NASFAA Leadership and Legislative Conference - 2014
Western Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - 2013-Present
Vice President - 2017-2018
Executive Council, California State President - 2015-2016, 2016-17
Federal Issues Committee Member - 2013-Present
U.S. Department of Education
Title IV Loans Negotiated Rulemaking Committee - Primary Negotiator for Financial Aid Administrators - 2015
College Board Enrollment Leadership Academy - 2012-2013
| Linkedin |